It is important to admit, none of us are perfect. No matter how hard
we try or how good we think we are, we can never reach true
perfection and holiness by our own efforts. We fall short of GOD’S
standard and have no right to live in heaven with Him.
“For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard.” (Romans 3:23)
“For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23)
• God never intended to have us- His creation, created in His image and likeness, live in outer darkness and torment away from His presence. Hell is a real place prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41) and will be our destiny too apart from the Savior, the Messiah Christ Jesus.
• Our relationship with God was broken when Adam, the first human, sinned. Sickness and death was the result. We need a remedy to cure our condition and restore us in right standing with our Creator.
♥ God loved us so much He was willing to pay the ultimate price to bring salvation and righteousness to all who believe.
“But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam’s sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned.” (Romans 5:8-12)
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16).
• Ask God for forgiveness and turn away from your sins.
For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”(Romans10:13) “The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.” (2 Peter 3:9) To repent simply means ask for forgiveness, turn away from sin, and turn to God.
• Jesus is our only hope and only way out.
When we put our trust and faith in Jesus Christ receiving and confessing Him as Lord and Savior, all our sins and imperfections are covered by the blood of Jesus that was shed at the cross 2,000 years ago. God looks on us as ones who have been made holy. Jesus, who is God, has covered our sin with holiness.
It is NOT our holiness, but God’s holiness that gets us into heaven.
• Once we have put our trust in Jesus, we live a life of loving others and doing right- which pleases God. We accomplish this with His help- not as a means to salvation, but out of thankfulness and gratitude to our God who has saved us and given us life in Him. We have cast out our old way of life which has died, and live a new life in Christ because He is risen from the dead!
• Ask Jesus to send the promised Holy Spirit to empower you to live rightly, to actively love and serve others, and to share about the goodness of God.
• Read the Bible- “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.” -(2 Timothy 3:16-17)
• Get to know your brothers and sisters in the Lord by being involved in a Christian community.
Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.